As it is Musical Monday, I'm going to talk about music! =) "... happy thought indeed." One of the main reasons that I haven't *ahem* been posting as often as I should is because my sister and I volunteered with a theatre company in our area on a musical! I had hoped to sing in it, but when they had the auditions I had the most horrid head cold you ever heard of and I could not sing to save my life! 'Twas a pity though, I could have sung in it... Oh well! I played my violin in the pit and it was an enjoyable experience overall (though, I won't lie, it definitely had it's stressful moments!) However, everyone pulled it together in the end and we had some very successful performances!!! Today though, I'm just going to mention a few of my favorite songs from the musical! (They won't be in chronological order they will mostly be in order, with the songs I love the most at the end! You know, save the best for last? =))
Hold On
I really like this song because it's basically Martha telling Mary that God is gonna help her get through this tough time. It's also a really neat song musically with interesting rhythms and f flats.... yeah... it was fun to play! =) I really love how encouraging this song is!!
A Girl in the Valley
This song is just so sweet!! I love how they have Lily be a big part of the musical even though she's dead! This scene was so much fun to play in the musical because they had people waltzing on stage while we played it!!! It was fun to see the girls in their big dresses out of the corner of my eye! Plus it's just a really sweet song!!! =)
Where in the World
This song is intense!!! It's so passionate!!! I love how heartbreaking it is!!! I just melt every time I hear it!!!! =) At the end of this song in the musical he falls on his knees almost with a bang (but I don't think it was on purpose) but I never realized how close he really was and then I'd look up and I'd start! He was like right there!!!! It was so weird!!! but I love this song!
Lily's Eyes
*sigh* I don't think anything really needs to be said about this song. It really speaks for itself doesn't it? It was wonderful playing this, I cried almost every time, it was beautiful!
Well, I finished this post! Finally!!! And it's still Monday!!! =D Have a great night!
Hold On
I really like this song because it's basically Martha telling Mary that God is gonna help her get through this tough time. It's also a really neat song musically with interesting rhythms and f flats.... yeah... it was fun to play! =) I really love how encouraging this song is!!
A Girl in the Valley
This song is just so sweet!! I love how they have Lily be a big part of the musical even though she's dead! This scene was so much fun to play in the musical because they had people waltzing on stage while we played it!!! It was fun to see the girls in their big dresses out of the corner of my eye! Plus it's just a really sweet song!!! =)
Where in the World
This song is intense!!! It's so passionate!!! I love how heartbreaking it is!!! I just melt every time I hear it!!!! =) At the end of this song in the musical he falls on his knees almost with a bang (but I don't think it was on purpose) but I never realized how close he really was and then I'd look up and I'd start! He was like right there!!!! It was so weird!!! but I love this song!
Lily's Eyes
*sigh* I don't think anything really needs to be said about this song. It really speaks for itself doesn't it? It was wonderful playing this, I cried almost every time, it was beautiful!
Well, I finished this post! Finally!!! And it's still Monday!!! =D Have a great night!
No comments:
Post a Comment