Monday, November 26, 2012

Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis

I hope everyone had a great holiday! I really enjoyed mine!!!! Today I'm going to share with you one of the most heartbreaking songs ever. This song is Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis By Vaughan Williams. My brother got to play this in Cambridge when he went to England!!!! Isn't that so cool??? He is so fortunate. I would love to play this piece, once I had some friends over (you know who you are) and we were going to sightread this, but we started with Mendelssohn Octet and spent the whole time on that. :) It was still fun, but we now need to have them over again so that we can play this!!!!  Anyway, the music is just wonderful, I love it so much! 




4 comments:

  1. I would love to come over, the only problem is that I am only free Dec 9th... Wait! What if we came over in the late afternoon, played music, and then had dinner with you all! That might work for us! Let me see, we can't do Monday, (duh!) Josh has lessons on Tuesday, church on Wednesday, Jon has a group class on Thursday, and our next free Friday might possibly be Dec. 7th. Hmmm, how about next March? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. March is good, a little earlier would be great, maybe January??? :P

      Delete
    2. Hmmm, how about over Christmas break? I don't think we have much going on the first week in Jan, but that's likely to change!

      Delete
    3. Sounds great! You have something going on then now! :) Maybe we could make cookies over Christmas break!

      Delete