Monday, November 5, 2012
Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto In C minor
This past week, while talking with my awesome brother we started talking about Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto #2 and after talking about it, of course we went and go my CD and started listening to it. I have been listening to it pretty much all the time since!!! It's so good!!! We actually downloaded the music from IMSLP (The best website known to man!) and started learning it. (He was learning the solo part and I learned the accompaniment part, which was awesome because the first 10 measures are rest for me!! :)) We didn't sound very good at all but we had a ton of fun!! Today we're just going to talk about the first movement, but you should listen to the other movements!! (The second movement is amazingly beautiful, it's almost better than Beethoven's fifth piano concerto's second movement!) That all being said, the first movement is just, wow. It is so passionate and epic. I just love this concerto!!!! I hope you like it too!!!!
I actually listen to a recording of Ashkenazy playing it, and I like it waaaay better, but I couldn't find a good one on YouTube!!! Oh well!!
Labels:
Music
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment