Wednesday, January 23, 2013

"Real Men Read Austen"

So, you should know who Jane Austen is, and if you don't, you need to Google her right now. Just for times sake, I'll tell you, because I know that you won't look her up. I'm just that smart!! :) Ok, so she's the wonderful lady, who wrote all these amazing books! Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Northanger Abbey, Mansfield Park, and many others!  I have read them many, many times and will read them many, many more times!!!! However, I've noticed through the years, that males tend to avoid these wonderful books! I can't help but wonder why? I have an amazing brother who loves them just as much as I do, but I can't see why so many boys act like it would ruin their manliness to read Austen? Well, someone named Peter J. Leithart wrote a book. It's called Miniatures and Morals, and it is a study guide book. (I'm not really sure how to describe it.) Anyway, it's an exceptional book, you should read it, after your read Jane Austen's books! 
However, today, I'm going to tell you that you need to go and read it! Just the first chapter! It's such a well written book! It explains things in a very precise, black and white, manner. I find it very interesting and educational!!!  :) I was going to share a few quotes from the chapter, but I found myself just quoting the whole chapter!!!! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment