I don't even know where to begin with this post. I could start with when I first remember Michael getting the music book from the library, or the first time I remember listening to the first time. Or when we bought the book for Michael, and playing and singing it with him. According to Michael, it all started when I had to sing a solo song in a Christmas play that we did. We borrowed a cd that had the song that I was singing on it, but it also had a Phantom of the Opera song on it there. Because we heard the song on there we got the cd and the music book from the library. However, this is one amazing musical written by Andrew Lloyd Weber. Listening to it when you are home alone is just a recipe for singing as loudly and beautifully as you can!! (and of course I sound just wonderful when I sing it!!!! :)) I don't even know what is my favorite song from the musical!!! They are all so good!!! I'll just mention a few of my favorites.... ;)
"Think of me"
I love this song! It's so sweet and simple!! I love it when Michael plays it on the piano and Melissa and I can sing with him!!! So many good memories!!! :) "Think of me, please say you'll think of me, whatever else you choose to do, there will never be a day when I won't think of you!!!"
"Notes/Prima Donna"
I like the beginning, when everyone is confused about who is writing all the notes!!! (Firmin "...and what is it that we're meant to have wrote... written." But the best part of this song is when Prima Donna starts. It's such a flowing melody, and the way the parts are written on top of each other is just ingenious!!!
"All I Ask Of You"
This song speaks for itself... just go listen to it! :)
"Masquerade"
The coolest part in this song is in the middle when the orchestra has a part. It's like the Sibelius Violin concerto 1st movement!!! So amazing!
"Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again"
This is the most heartbreaking song in the musical!!! I could never sing this in the musical without crying!! I can hardly listen to it without crying!!!!
Well, that's all for now! I could say a lot more, but I'm tired and I should be getting off the computer now!!! :) I hope you enjoy!!!
And I'll leave you with the wonderful Entr'act!!!
"Think of me"
I love this song! It's so sweet and simple!! I love it when Michael plays it on the piano and Melissa and I can sing with him!!! So many good memories!!! :) "Think of me, please say you'll think of me, whatever else you choose to do, there will never be a day when I won't think of you!!!"
"Notes/Prima Donna"
I like the beginning, when everyone is confused about who is writing all the notes!!! (Firmin "...and what is it that we're meant to have wrote... written." But the best part of this song is when Prima Donna starts. It's such a flowing melody, and the way the parts are written on top of each other is just ingenious!!!
"All I Ask Of You"
This song speaks for itself... just go listen to it! :)
"Masquerade"
The coolest part in this song is in the middle when the orchestra has a part. It's like the Sibelius Violin concerto 1st movement!!! So amazing!
"Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again"
This is the most heartbreaking song in the musical!!! I could never sing this in the musical without crying!! I can hardly listen to it without crying!!!!
Well, that's all for now! I could say a lot more, but I'm tired and I should be getting off the computer now!!! :) I hope you enjoy!!!
And I'll leave you with the wonderful Entr'act!!!
When can we read the sequel post? ;)
ReplyDeleteI don't know!! This one took me three weeks to write... =D
ReplyDelete