Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Orchestra

So on Monday night I had an orchestra rehearsal. It started out with an awesome car ride with my brother and two awesome friends! It's so nice to talk to people who know your language. :) So after that awesome car ride we arrived at orchestra and we were pretty much 15 minutes early. So we sat around talking and playing spoons (or rather knives). Since there were only three of us that got rather boring rather quickly. So we watched Rebekah play solitaire and gave her all the best advice we knew how. Shortly after that rehearsal started.  We started with the Strauss Lightning and Thunder Polka.  That went pretty well, we actually legitimately made it through the piece and then we spot checked. After that we played the Bach piece, which was incredibly out of tune and at some parts sounded pretty awful. Then we played Roman Carnival Overture by H. Beriloz, ha ha, that was pretty terrible. Mr. Cibor (our conductor) worked very patiently with us, but we could all tell that he was getting frustrated. He told us that our playing was unacceptable. There was this really funny incident when all the seconds played a 'c' natural instead of a 'c' sharp, but the Mr. Cibor got mad and it wasn't funny anymore.  The best part of Monday night had to be the ride home!!!!  :D :D We had to drive my dad's Honda which isn't very big, believe it or not, short as I am, there wasn't enough room behind my dad's seat for my knees. :) However, Bekah and I talked the ENTIRE way home, and it was the bestest. It was the perfectest ending to my Monday night!!! 

So I will leave you with one of the pieces I just talked about: Roman Carnival Overture by H. Berlioz.



No comments:

Post a Comment