Monday, September 24, 2012

Prokofiev Violin Concerto #1

So today I'm going to tell you all about one of my most favoritest violin concertos!!! It is: Prokofiev Violin concerto No.1 in D, Op.19!!! It's really really amazing!!!! The first time I heard it was when my brother was told that he needed to learn a romantic concerto. He got many different recordings of many different concertos and it was a ton of fun listening to the different ones. (He ended up learning the Sibelius violin concerto, maybe I'll have to talk about that one next week!! :)) However I didn't like it when we were listening to it in the car!!! I can't believe it!! Later on though I was listening to it and I just fell in love with it!!! I listened to it every single day for a few months!!!  :) I don't do that so much anymore but I still love the concerto!!!

The first movement is awesome!!! Having some very melodious sections, it is in some ways epic, but it's a different kind of epic compared to the Mendelssohn Octet.  It has this amazing part in the middle of it where the soloist plucks a four note chord for 4 or so measures!!! There's also this one part where it's just glissando octaves!!! It's amazing!!!!!


Now the second movement... ahh!! I love this movement! I don't know why though! It has some really awesome parts that make me think "I want to play that!!!!" It's just really intense and amazing. The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't have a good ending. It just goes up and ends. Other than that it's just awesome!


The third movement, which starts with a bassoon solo, is pretty cool as well. It has it's epic moments, but like the first movement it just kind of ends. You think "Oh. That was it? That was the end? Ok."  In spite of all that it's still cool, and I hope someday to learn it!!


It's just plain awesome and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment