The title says it all!!!! My life is awesome!!! I got to perform "The Planets" this afternoon! I got to see my friends, and eat pizza from PizzaHut (thank you to the wonderful people that paid!!! I really enjoyed it!!) (and the pizza was amazing!! It's been so long since I've had PizzaHut pizza!) I also got to wear a beautiful black dress altered by my wonderful sister Melissa, who also did my hair! (and according to Rilla Blythe, it's always easier to be good if your clothes are nice! :)) Performing "The Planets" was an experience that I will remember for the rest of my life, there were so many 'moments' that happened to me when we were playing it. One was in Mars, at the end, I felt like I'd just fought a big battle and I was exhausted, which is exactly how it's supposed to sound! I think Mars was the best that we'd ever played it today!!! Another memorable moment was in Saturn at the part when the Clarinets come in, it's so beautifully heartbreaking!!! The final moment was when I realized that we only had four measures left of the whole thing! It was a very interesting moment, full of excitement and sadness. I was so happy that we made it through the movements that we were playing, but I also realized that depending on what I do with my life, this might be the last time I ever get to play these notes in an orchestra setting. I've spent my evening half tired, half depressed because that part of my life is over. However, a new chapter is opening tomorrow with this piece:
That's right! We are going to play "Rodeo" by Copland!!!! I'm super excited!!! I can not stop listening to it since I got home!!!!! I'll be sure to let everyone know how much I love it tomorrow after our first rehearsal! Speaking of, we get to sight read Copland, and eat pizza, and play Dutch Blitz!! Does life get any better than that?!?!
So there you have it, the reasons why my life is so awesome right now! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment