Saturday, March 2, 2013

What I'm Reading

I am reading a big thick book!!! It's Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell!!! 


We got this movie a long time ago and loved it so much we got the book! It's such an interesting book! One can learn so much about the society and the way they lived back then. I've read it once already and I recently decided to read it again. I'll probably be reading it for quite some time, as I don't have a lot of time to read at the present, and it's kind of a hard read... I get through about four pages during breakfast. (At that pace, I might be reading it for a year!!! It's such a long book!) However, I'm finding the reading is going faster the more I get into the book.  One thing I've found interesting as I'm reading it the second time, is that Molly is the same age as I am at the beginning of the book! It's so strange to think about! My favorite quote from the book so far is:
"And I do love Miss Gibson very much, sir, who could help it?"
"Mr. Wynne I hope!" 

Haha!!! Anyway, here is some music for you to listen to, it's from the BBC film!!


No comments:

Post a Comment